Quick and Easy Pepperoni Roll-Ups
As a busy mom, I am always looking for lunchtime ideas that satisfy both my almost-three-year-old son’s palate as well as my own without making more than one meal. My son does not have CF, so he eats your typical modern-day toddler diet. He isn’t particularly picky so it’s not a huge challenge to feed him. I, however, do have CF and still require extra calories and fat in my meals.
Quick and easy pepperoni roll-ups are one of our favorite lunches to make together. This fun recipe is a great way to get kids into the kitchen. It is so easy my son can complete the steps by himself with supervision. He is always so proud that he made his lunch and even prouder to dip the roll-ups and eat every last bite.
The reason I love this recipe is it’s a quick and easy lunchtime meal that can easily be switched up by varying the meat, cheese, and dipping sauces. Add sides of veggies and fruits and kid-and-parent-mealtime is complete! Enjoy!
Makes 8 roll-ups
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for the pepperoni roll-ups
- 1 tube (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cubed into 8 pieces
- 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup marinara (optional for dipping)
- ½ cup pesto (optional for dipping)
Directions to make the pepperoni roll-ups
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll crescent rolls; separate into 8 triangles.
- Place 3 pepperoni slices and 1 cube of fresh mozzarella on each triangle and roll up starting with the short side.
- Arrange the rolls on a greased baking sheet; spray each roll with cooking spray. Sprinkle Italian seasoning and garlic salt on the top of each roll-up.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately with dipping sauces and enjoy!
What are your favorite quick & easy meals you enjoy making? Share in the comment section below.
Per Serving (2 roll-ups)
- calories: 446
- carbohydrate: 23g
- cholesterol: 50mg
- fat: 32g
- fiber: 0g
- protein: 18g
- sodium: 1156mg
- sugars: 6g
Disclaimer: Cystic-Fibrosis.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you (or a loved one) been experiencing any negative side effects from Trikafta?