Sleep Issues and Cystic Fibrosis
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Cystic-Fibrosis.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Sleep Deprivation and Deficiency. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/sleep-deprivation-and-deficiency n.d. Accessed August 10, 2019.
- Jankelowitz L, Reid KJ, Wolfe L, Cullina J, Zee PC, Jain M. Cystic fibrosis patients have poor sleep quality despite normal sleep latency and efficiency. CHEST. 2005; 127, 1593 – 1599. https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/4a0a/d0d70c02c6c59dffa27ae898819d9fa49d66.pdf Accessed August 10, 2019.
- Dancey DR, Tullis ED, Heslegrave R, Thornley K, Hanly PJ. Sleep quality and daytime function in adults with cystic fibrosis and severe lung disease. Eur Respir J. 2002; 19, 504 – 510. https://erj.ersjournals.com/content/erj/19/3/504.full.pdf Accessed August 11, 2019.
- Cystic Fibrosis May Interfere With Children’s Sleep, Study Reports. Cystic Fibrosis News Today. https://cysticfibrosisnewstoday.com/2017/05/24/study-finds-that-children-with-cystic-fibrosis-get-less-sleep-than-other-youngsters/ Published May 24, 2017. Accessed August 11, 2019.
- Can We Take A Minute to Rest? Cystic Fibrosis News Today. https://cysticfibrosisnewstoday.com/2019/04/18/sleeplessness-cf-community-rest/ Published April 18, 2019. Accessed August 11, 2019.