How Long Do Patients with Cystic Fibrosis Live?
Written by: Jessica Johns Pool | Last reviewed: September 2019
- National Jewish Health. Cystic Fibrosis: Life Expectancy. Available at: https://www.nationaljewish.org/conditions/cystic-fibrosis-cf/life-expectancy. Accessed 4/20/2019.
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. CFF Patient Registry 2017. Available at: https://www.cff.org/Research/Researcher-Resources/Patient-Registry/2017-Patient-Registry-Annual-Data-Report.pdf. Accessed 4/20/2019.
- Stephenson AL, et al. Survival comparison of patients with cystic fibrosis in Canada and the United States: a population-based cohort study. Ann Intern Med. 2017 April 18; 166(8): 537–546. doi:10.7326/M16-0858.
- O'Brien, ME, et al. A new diagnosis of classic cystic fibrosis in a 76-year old female: implications of late diagnosis. Available at: https://www.thejournal.ie/cystic-fibrosis-76-year-old-1662751-Sep2014. Accessed 4/20/2019.
- Lowenfels A, Simmonds NJ. Cystic Fibrosis: No Longer a Disease of Childhood and Adolescence. Available at: https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/716815. Accessed 4/20/2019.
- Nick JA, Chacon CS, Brayshaw SJ, et al. Effects of gender and age at diagnosis on disease progression in long-term survivors of cystic fibrosis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010;182(5):614–626. doi:10.1164/rccm.201001-0092OC.