Navigating Weather with Cystic Fibrosis
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Cystic-Fibrosis.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Collaco JM, et al. Effect of temperature on cystic fibrosis lung disease and infections: A replicated cohort study. PLoS One; 2011; 6(11), e27784. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3220679/. Accessed July 18, 2019.
- Collaco JM, et al. Respiratory pathogens mediate the association between lung function and temperature in cystic fibrosis. J Cyst Fibros. Nov 2016; 15(6), 794-801. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5138086/. Accessed July 18, 2019.
- Lomas P. Summertime Tips. CF Community Blog: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. https://www.cff.org/CF-Community-Blog/Posts/2015/Summertime-Tips/. Published July 30, 2015. Accessed July 18, 2019.
- Darga LL, et al. Cold air provocation of airway hyperreactivity in patients with cystic fibrosis. Pediatr Pulmonol. Mar-Apr 1986; 2(2), 82-8.
- Chay OM, Sly PD, Olinsky A. Reproducibility of hyperventilation of cold dry air in children with cystic fibrosis. Aust N Z J Med; Oct 1986; 16(5), 644-7.
- Evans E. How to Survive Winter with Cystic Fibrosis. Cystic Fibrosis Lifestyle Foundation. https://www.cflf.org/blog/how-survive-winter-cystic-fibrosis. Accessed July 18, 2019.