This is a favorite pizza of my spouse, Cheriz! She loves the fact that it is high in fat grams, which goes great with her CF Modulator Trikafta (She needs to take in at least 9 grams of fat with every dose)! For those that are not huge fans of pizza sauce, this is perfect for you; only olive oil and cheese as your base and then drizzled with balsamic vinegar...YUM!!!
Makes 2-12" crusts
Pizza dough ingredients
- 1 pkg. of Active dry yeast
- 1/4 C. Brown sugar
- 3/4 C. Warm water
- 1/2 C Cold milk
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbs. Olive oil
- 3 1/2 to 4 C bread flour
Pizza topping ingredients
- 4 Tbs. Olive oil
- 1 C. Feta cheese
- 1/2 C Sliced artichoke hearts
- 1/2 C. Diced tomatoes
- 1/4 C Kalamata Olives
- 1 C Baby spinach
- 1/2 C. Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 Tbs. Balsamic Vinegar
Directions for the mediterranean pizza
- Combine the yeast and brown sugar with luke-warm water and allow to sit for 5 minutes
- Stir in cold milk, salt, and olive oil
- One cup at a time add the 3-4 cups of bread flour, mixing each until incorporated
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5-8 minutes, adding small amounts of flour to make the dough manageable.
- Place dough in a medium sized bowl, lightly oiled
- Allow to rise in a cool place for 2 hours, or until the dough has doubled in size
- Punch down dough and separate into two even pieces
- Roll out dough into a 12" circle, and dock the crust with a pasta spoon or fork prongs
- Brush crust with olive oil, and add toppings in any order you want (Note: be careful with the wetter ingredients, as they will tend to make the pizza soggy)
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 mins, or until the crust has a golden brown color underneath
Slice and enjoy! If you have any pizza recipes you love, share them with us below in the comment section.
- carbohydrate: 34.6g
- cholesterol: 13mg
- fat: 12.1g
- fiber: 1.8g
- protein: 7.5g
- sodium: 418mg
- sugar: 1.7g
Disclaimer: Cystic-Fibrosis.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you (or a loved one) been experiencing any negative side effects from Trikafta?