caret icon Back to all discussions

Does anyone remember Sammi's Story by Philippa Manning, 1993!?

I am a final year Sociology student with Cystic fibrosis. For one of my modules I am creating a documentary about my experience with CF. I was hoping to include aspects of how I came to understand my CF and how I expected my life to be. For me, my knowledge of CF came through an informative film called 'Sammi's Story' by Philippa Manning, 1993. This video was given to my parents when I was diagnosed in 1999. Did anyone else receive this same video? I am hoping to find a copy as I have no idea what happened to mine. I would be SO grateful for anyone's help 😀

1. Hi , Wow! Thank you for sharing, it's crazy to think that you and your family learned about CF by watching a documentary. Oh, how times have changed! I am curious if any of our community members have seen this. I'll be sure to post this on our homepage. Best of luck finding a copy. I hope you're doing well. Best, Sarah, Cystic-Fibrosis.com Team Member

1. , did a google search and saw that this film was made in the UK. This link is for the British University Film & Video Council. It includes a phone #. Hopefully, they can help you. http://bufvc.ac.uk/dvdfind/index.php/title/18822

1. Thanks Lynne I wanted to watch it too!

2. What a cool project! I was diagnosed around the same time as that and and don't think I remember seeing a video like this. I wish you luck in finding it! Warmly, Janeil (cystic-fibrosis.com Team Member)

1. Hi Beth - Philippa Manning here! I was co incidentally trying to find an online image of the video for an introduction I am giving next week and your post came up on the google search. I would be happy to try and help provide a copy - perhaps via CF Trust? Great to hear it helped you.

Please read our rules before posting.